Going to a rave or black tie affair? Check out these tips to look smashing..
Rave parties are always popular on New Year's Eve, especially among younger partygoers. If you're going to a 24-hour dancing session that feels more like a full-body massage, I suggest you wear something sporty and comfortable. Here are a few guaranteed winners for those all-nighters:
- A dark blue, white, red, purple, or black sleeveless T-shirt. A tank top is perfect because it'll give your body plenty of breathability and you won't have to take off everything when you start to break a sweat.
- Go for black, charcoal gray or dark blue track pants. They should be made of water-absorbing fabric for maximum comfort. The simpler the better.
- Your outfit will not fly unless you wear flamboyant sneakers. Whether they're designer running shoes or the latest Nikes, make sure they blend with the rest of your attire for the ultimate look.
- If you really want to stand out, you can wear a fisherman hat or a glitzy cowboy hat with tinted aviator glasses.
On a side note, don't forget to drink plenty of fluids and only stick to herbal pills, or you may not be seen at all for most of the night.
If your party requires a tux, your best bet is a classic black and white combination. However, if you're going to wrap up the New Year at a trendy restaurant or a more traditional hall party, you'll need to wear a remarkable suit.
- Make sure your suit fits and looks perfect.
- If you're a little less conservative, a sharply cut three-piece suit is a throwback to the '70s and could definitely put the fever and groove back into your party.
- If you are very confident, then try the latest plaid suits, but watch out because if improperly worn, they can look extremely tacky.
- If you're more conservative in the image and financial departments, then buy a high-end suit that you could wear all year round. Lightweight black and gray suits are your best bets.
- Try to keep the colors to a minimum and focus on buying a very nice
- tie. Plaid ties with shades of purple and cherry look great.
- Remember to polish your trendy footwear and always display
- proper table manners.
Have a great holiday and remember to always look like a million bucks!
This blog was originally posted by Ask Men and written by Chris Rovny.
Christmas is only a few days away and if you're lucky, Santa will deliver some fabulous articles of clothing to guarantee that you look great at your New Year's Eve bash. For you less fortunate ones who receive Santa's more ordinary lines of clothing, don't worry, because we have fashion suggestions that will make you look fantastic wherever you party on December 31st.
If you're spending New Year's Eve in a nightclub where everybody dons the latest trends, it's important for you to look the part and stand out from the regular Joes. Be risky and try one of this year's coolest garments. One of these fashion items or a combination of several will help you achieve the perfect look.
- A light blue or purple dressy shirt. Open up the two top buttons for a slick and more confident image.
- If you're aiming for a more polished look, top your shirt off with a classy leather blazer. Great brands that have leather apparel are: Hugo Boss, The Gap, Andrew Marc, DKNY, and Prada.
- This year, it's all about leather, so get yourself a nice pair of leather pants. Unless you're attending Fetish Night , don't buy plastic looking leather pants (pleather); opt for a jean-cut pair of leather trousers offered at stores like The Gap, Banana Republic or J. Crew.
- Whether or not you decide to use one of the aforementioned suggestions, make sure you have great looking shoes, and that your ensemble's colors match perfectly.
If you're lucky enough to be in Times Square (or any other outdoor event) when the clock strikes 12, look great with this year's trendiest jackets. Don't forget to wear quality winter boots, a matching winter hat, scarf and gloves, and check out which winter fashion no-nos you should avoid.
- Leather is also a winner when it comes to winter jackets. Try a -length leather trench coat — preferably made out of nice, shiny leather. Black, brown and tan colors all look great when properly matched. Check out Armani, Andrew Marc and The Gap.
- A rich-looking sheepskin jacket is always a classic amongst top designers. It's always a perfect fit for the more mature, classy gentleman who has achieved a certain status and wants to show it. Sheepskin jackets are guaranteed to keep you warm throughout the whole winter season. These are available by Armani, Prada and John Varvatos.
- For those of you who can't afford leather, opt for a dark gray mohair trench coat (single-breasted). These can be found at Sisley/Benetton, Armani, Banana Republic, and J. Crew.
- For a sportier look, get a quilted jacket with a fake fur hood and cuffs. The furry and fuzzy added touch is extremely hot this winter. Don't worry if you look like an Eskimo; at least you'll be toasty, not to mention very fashionable. You can find them at DKNY, and most trendy department stores.
Going to a rave or black tie affair? Check out our next post and look smashing...
This blog was originally posted on Ask Men and written by Chris Rovny
The look of weddings change throughout the years from florals to favorite colors used and fashion as well. When looking at photographs years from now, 2013-2014 men's fashion will show a trend toward slimmer fitting suits and skinny ties. Many guys are using these trends to highlight aspects of their personalities on wedding day.
Selecting Slim-fit Suits:
Get the skinny: Slim-fit suits typically feature a tapered waist, slim and slightly tapered legs, and a narrower point-to-point shoulder measurement. This style is especially flattering on men with a slim build but can give anyone a modern, trimmed-down silhouette.
Wear the pants: Men's slim-fit suit pants feature a lower rise than traditional suit pants and have a slightly shorter length. In addition, slim-fit suit pants will always have flat-front design, rather than the traditional pleated-front style, to keep an overall slim look underneath the jacket.
Take your coat: Slim-fit dress suits almost always have a narrower lapel with a higher gorge (or notch). This pairs with a lower button stance to lengthen the look of the body, as slim-fit jackets typically have a shorter suit coat length overall. Smaller and softer shoulder pads also characterize the slim-fit, and most slim suits will have a single-breasted coat with two buttons rather than three, which is often the standard for traditional suits.
Dress the part: A slimmer style isn't all in the suit. What you wear with your slim-fit suit is just as important as the suit itself. A regular tie can appear too bulky or wide underneath a slim-fit suit, so try it with a skinny tie instead. If you're going for the more modern look, pair your suit with a shirt in a bright color or pattern to give it a little edge.
Skinny Tie Trend:
Observing the recent trend, you might tell that this chunky piece of accessory is not wholly confined to
geeks but is also holds a cool, funky and chick look that goes well with casual laid back fashion. Sport
them with tailored suit and bright colored sneakers and you will get that look. If you are going for a
formal wear, black skinny silk tie will do your job the best way. Neutral shades also work well but all
depends on the color and design of the shirt. And apart from ties in black and white, you can explore
From coral red to zesty yellow, emerald green to turquoise blue you will find a
wide gamut of colors in skinny ties. Fuchsia skinny ties in satin, silk or polyester go well with black or
dark hued shirts. A turquoise skinny tie works well with neutral, bright as well as dark hued shirt.
Apart from single hued ties, you will also find designer ties with prints on silk or satin material.
Whatever your fashion statement is- Formal or laid back, don't forget to add "skinny-ties" to your clothing accessories and flaunt that flair. Believe it, these are must haves for every occasion and their trend is never-ending!
Follow these simple guidelines to stay current on your wedding day!
If you’ve noticed the telltale flash of a pocket square peeking out from a suit jacket, you might be watching Mad Men, or you might just be noticing one of the biggest resurgences in menswear history. While trends come and go, there’s something about the pocket square that’s been gaining momentum with all types of guys from the boardroom to the backroom.
It’s a really simple way to elevate your look, but one that also seems to incite a little panic for guys who want to know how to pull it off.
According to experts, pocket squares grew out of necessity. Men needed something to wipe sweat off their brows or blow their noses, and of course they couldn’t just use their shirtsleeves. From there, gentlemen carried one for themselves and one for the ladies, making it a chic, must-have accessory for every guy. While khaki-wearing dot.com magnates and the advent of casual dress codes changed the focus of men’s fashion, retro shows such as Mad Men, the resurgence of the classic prep look have brought back the pocket square and thrust it into the spotlight once again.
Today, a trip to J. Crew or even a department store like Nordstrom yields myriad choices. From plain white, to the madras, chambray, and silk that are seen on glossy magazine covers and runways, one thing is for sure-it's hip to be square-again.
The pocket square, like all fashion trends, has made its way to the wedding world as well. A pocket square is a great place to pick up the color of the bridesmaids dresses or décor accent colors. Besides, it's always a good idea to have an extra hanky to share of wedding day, right?